A Batch of Apple Chips a Day…
Looking for the perfect sweet and crunchy snack? Well, look no further! Easy oven-baked apple chips are here!
It’s no over-statement to say that apple’s are one of my favorite snacks of all time (I blame this on the Upstate NY childhood). Ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you that I could eat 3 apples a day, 7 days a week. Technically speaking, I think this means that I should never have to see a doctor again in my life… However even I, the apple fanatic, can get tired of having the same old thing day-after-day.
In today’s post I’ll teach you a ridiculously easy way to turn your apples into oven-made apple chips – one of the best adaptations of this delectable fruit ever created. Now, this recipe does have a longer cook time than some other snacks and it requires some thin apple slicing skills, but trust me… it’s worth the prep.
Once made these tasty little chips will last about 2 days in an airtight container, but I dare you to try waiting that long to eat them… go on, just try it.
What you need
- 2-3 apples – I used Braeburn, but any really crunchy variety will do
- Baking sheet and parchment paper (or cooking spray)
- Dash of cinnamon
- Dash of sugar
Making your chips
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet, or spray sheet with non-stick spray
- Slice apple as thin as possible. The thinner and more uniform your slices, the shorter your cooking time will be and the more even your chips will come out.
- place on baking sheet. Don’t overlap your slices.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1.5 – 2.5 hours, or until crisp. You might need to take out your more-thinly slices chips sooner than your thicker ones to prevent burning.
See, I told you. SUPER easy and SUPER delicious! The only problem is that every time I make a batch, I eat them too quickly and need to make more…
As always, Enjoy!