Pizza Bites Done Right
I would be lying if I didn’t say this was hands down my favorite recipe that I have made to-date. Yup, that’s right… I’m talking about easy pizza bites! Do I really need to spend time convincing you to try to make these. They are ridiculously simple balls of pizza dough filled with oozing cheese and sauce, and they are as close to a religious experience as food can bring you. Hell, I’d go as far as to say that these might very well replace money as world currency some day.
Are you hooked yet? Have I convinced you to try this recipe? If not, then really… it’s just your loss. But, for my beginner chefs who want to try out this absurdly easy dish, let’s not waste any more time in getting started.
What you need:
- Pizza dough
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil
- Some thyme, basil, garlic powder, or oregano (if you’re feeling fancy).
Let the Magic Begin:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray down a small 8 x 8 baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Break off a small ball of dough (using flour to de-stickify it helps) and press it into a flat square-like patch.
- Place a dab of pizza sauce in the middle, and a small chunk of mozzarella cheese on top of that.
- Pull out the two diagonal corners of the dough and pinch them together, then repeat with the remaining two corners. If a little sauce ends up outside of the ball, no problem… the counter was all but covered in cheese, sauce, and flour when I made these, but they still tasted AMAZING.
- Place the ball seam-side down in the baking pan.
- Repeat until you run out of dough or have fill the pan (If you run out of space in the pan before you run out of dough, by God get another pan! Don’t waste a single bite… they’re just too good).
- Once all your pizza bites are in the pan, dab the tops of them with a little olive oil. Sprinkle a light layer of your seasonings and then follow with a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- If you’re bites seem messy or uneven and small – no worries. When they bake the dough expands and they even out.
- Bake for 20 min.
I feel the need to clarify this last step. Just saying “consume” doesn’t begin to do these justice. What I meant to say was pull each doughy little bite apart one by one, letting the cheese ooze out of them as you take each perfectly proportioned bite. Ok, you know what. That’s it. I don’t even want to write this any more. I need to go make another batch immediately…